Saturday, January 14, 2006

Google Pagerank - Passing PR

Search Engine Optimization - BC Canada - Passing Google Pagerank

Something I just learned today, or should I say "re-iterated". In regards to passing PR. This site, this morning was PR2. I noticed a lot of people had "spammed" the site, in that they had left comments, which ultimately ended up on one of this BLOG's sub pages. In those comments were a lot of links - leading to various places online. I call this spam, because it was obvious that the people who left comments - did so, only to create links to their various web campaigns. Interestingly when I deleted those 88 comments - and consequently deleted about 120 links - my PR jumped up to 3, in under 12 hours. Coincidence, or consequence? I am unsure, to be honest, but it does stand to reason that I was losing "PR" to those other sites, and would gain it back, when the links disappeared. Glad to be up a notch anyway. Something we can all learn from this - be careful you are not inadvertantly losing your PR to guestbook links, comment links, and other form of visitor contributions, that contain links! Google Pagerank is a commodity, don't throw it away!

2 Comments:

Blogger bobmutch said...

LOL. To funny. The toolbar PR is only exported about every 3 to 4 months. Deleteing 120 comment spam links is not going to take you from PR2 to PR3. I say coincidence but an interesting one.

1:52 AM  
Blogger K. Carrington said...

Yes, I admit, I have to agree with Bob. Even more wierd, this blog constantly fluctuates from 2 to 3, back to 2!

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home